Tuesday 4 July 2017

28th June to 4th July 2017 in Stockholm

After sorting ( we hope) the engine we have been in Wasahamnen enjoying Stockholm and its pleasures. We visited Waldermarsudden to see three exhibitions of painting which left us somewhat overloaded with art. We had OK to good weather most of the time but it was fairly cold.
The only real news is that I made up a new and larger boom tent in clear reinforced plastic. Our UK supplier calls it Monotex but I've seen something very similar used to sheet buildings under construction.
I had one nasty scare. I was standing on the counter trying to decide where to cut off excess material and realising, just like all dressmakers, that you only get one chance. While facing aft and holding the sheeting, I moved backwards and tripped over the edge of the cockpit, falling backwards onto the cockpit seating. Luckily, or unluckily, I was holding the sheeting and, while falling, ripped it over a couple of metres. The force required to rip it made my fall easy and I only slightly hurt my backside. It was a very fortunate and unlikely outcome. However it did necessitate a long mending job which Kristin did very promptly and without any reproach. The tent is now in place and working well with the repair proving watertight. I still have to work out exactly where to cut round the stern of the boat to get optimum rain proofing together with good ventilation.
Today we did a massive food shopping at Sabis which continues to amaze at the quality of its fish and cheese counters. We hope, if the weather is kind to be off cruising tomorrow with our first objective being Malma Kvarn which has, are you surprised, a good restaurant.

No comments: